Did you read our recent post, Entertaining Made Easy? Here are the recipes, along with another delicious, easy appetizer!
1 pint grape tomatoes (cut in half)
1 package mozzarella pearls (found in most gourmet cheese sections in your local grocery store)
extra-virgin olive oil
1 jar pesto
Trader Joe’s table salt blend (or seasoning of your choice)
pine nuts (toasted) For this: simply add the pine nuts to a small skillet on your stovetop. Toast them over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. You want them to be a light, golden color. Keep an eye on them, as they can burn easily!
- Pour a thin layer of extra-vigin olive oil on your serving platter. Drop spoonfuls of pesto on top of the oil, swirling together with a knife or spoon. On a toothpick, layer one grape tomato half (cut side down), then one mozzarella pearl. Place on top of the oil and pesto. After you’ve filled your platter, sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and table salt blend to taste
Hominy Grill’s Shrimp and Grits
Recipe from Southern Living
This recipe cooks in less than 15 minutes!
Quick-Cooking Creamy Cheddar Cheese Grits
4 tablespoons butter
4 1/2 cups water or milk
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
1 10 oz block sharp white Cheddar cheese, grated
- Bring 2 tablespoons butter, along with the next 4 ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in grits, bring that to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally with your whisk. Once thickened, stir in the cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
For the Shrimp
2 pounds medium-sized raw shrimp
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5 bacon slices, chopped
1 8 oz package sliced fresh mushrooms
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toss shrimp with flour until lightly coated, shaking to remove excess
- Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Saute mushrooms in hot bacon oil 4 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to release their liquid. Add shrimp, site 3 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic, sauté 1 minute ( you don’t want to brown your garlic.) Add lemon juice, green onions, hot sauce, & salt. Sprinkle with bacon
You can serve this on a large platter, or in individual martini glasses for a more casual & fun presentation!
Recipe adapted from Clover Lane
1 block feta cheese
3 Roma Tomatoes (chopped)
1 bunch of green onions (chopped)
1 baguette (thinly sliced)
3 tsp McCormick Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Pour a thin layer of olive oil on your platter. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes and onions on the olive oil. Crumble the feta cheese over the onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle the seasoning on top. Serve with the sliced baguette.
This dip is extremely easy, a total crowd-pleaser, & can be made in advance!
Hope you enjoy these recipes!